Use the simple and powerful REST API of the REST-SMPP Bridge and let it take care of getting the best out of your SMPP account. This REST HTTP-to-SMPP service allows you to offload the heavy lifting associated with using SMPP with an SMSC or SMS gateway, allowing your application to be easier to develop and maintain, and less demanding on your infrastructure.
Hundreds of thousands of SMS can be sent with a single API call that takes a handful of seconds. You (or your customers) make a REST API call to send messages, and the service handles all the complexities of SMPP for you. It requires no account from us or pre-configuration to use.
Get an SMPP account from your favourite mobile messaging provider and use it for sending SMS, without needing to support SMPP in your application. Instead, use the simple and powerful REST API of the REST-SMPP Bridge and let it take care of getting the best out of your SMPP account.
REST-SMPP Bridge is a smart service that takes care of the heavy lifting aspect of expediently and reliably submitting messages for delivery, handling failure situations and receiving delivery receipts.
How it works
To send a message to mobiles, you make a REST API call to the service endpoint to submit your message. In this API call, you include the SMPP account details of the SMS gateway or SMSC, set options for controlling message submission, the message to be sent (including source address, flags, validity, scheduled delivery time and data coding), and the list of destination mobiles. The list of destination mobiles can contain up to 250,000 numbers.
On receiving your message submission, the service will return a
transactionID, and a
messageID for each destination mobile number being sent the message. A worker process dedicated to your submission will then be created to start work on send your messages. This worker will establish one or more SMPP binds using the SMPP account details you provided and commence submission of your message to the SMS gateway or SMSC. The window size, TPS and quantity of binds can be set in message submission options of your API call. If delivery receipts were requested, then an SMPP transceiver bind (SMPP v3.4 and v5) or transmitter and receiver binds (SMPP v3.3) will be made, otherwise an SMPP transmitter bind will be made.
Delivery receipts will be received by the worker and the status of message delivery for each mobile will be updated in the database. This status can be queried by a REST API call.
The following operations are available using the service REST API:
- submit - message submission for delivery to one or more mobile numbers
- query / report / status - query the status of message delivery for a previous message submission (query whole submission or subset of submission)
- cancel - cancel a previous message submission in whole (all mobile numbers) or in part (some mobile numbers)
REST calls can be made to the REST-SMPP bridge to send SMS to mobiles. There are two methods for sending messages: "Message" and "SMS".
The "SMS" method is an immediate pass-thru of the message from REST to SMPP, with the "messageID" containing the message ID from the sumbit_sm_resp returned by your provider.
Data Protection and Data Retention
We operate on the following principles:
- Customer data is encrypted when at rest and when in motion. Exception is when customer elects to use non-encrypted SMPP.
- Customer data (e.g. account details, message content, telephone numbers) is only used to provide the REST-SMPP Bridge service to the customer.
- Data is only kept for as long as necessary to provide service to the customer, ensure that we can support the customer, and be able to fulfil our legal and regulatory obligations.
- Data relating to individuals (e.g. destination mobile numbers) is converted to anonymised form once no longer required.
The REST-SMPP Bridge service is provided free-of-charge.
- High performance, fault tolerant SMS handling with automatic scaling
- Single REST API call to send thousands of messages
- 5000 SMS/sec (MT and MO SMS)
- SMPP v3.x, v5; SMPP over TLS
- Delivery receipts supported
- Use with any SMPP account (BYO)