gosmpp library can be used to make SMPP requests using Go. This library can be used to submit SMS to an SMS gateway or SMSC.
SMPP requirements and resources
SMPP is the Short Message Peer-to-Peer protocol for conveying SMS operations. An SMPP account can easily be obtained for using the Tyr SMS Gateway or SMSC Simulator. The following are required to send SMS with SMPP:
- SMPP API account - SMPP API account for the Melrose Labs Tyr SMS Gateway
- SMSC Simulator - SMPP API account for the Melrose Labs SMSC Simulator. Allows you to simulate inbound and outbound SMS delivery using an SMPP API account with your application. Get free SMPP account for SMSC Simulator >
- SMPP Protocol [reference] - Short Message Peer-to-Peer Protocol v3.3, v3.4 and v5 specifications and guides
- SMPP v5 [reference] - Short Message Peer-to-Peer Protocol v5 reference on melroselabs.com
Go requirements and resources
Go is a programming language and can be used to quickly and easily add SMS support for programmatically sending and receiving SMS messages. Use it for transactional messaging and notifications between your application and mobiles. The following are required to send SMS using Go:
- Go - The Go (aka Golang) programming language
Requirements and resources
The following are required to send SMS with SMPP using Go:
- gosmpp - SMPP (v3.4) Client Library for Go
Get free SMPP account for SMSC Simulator >
go get -u github.com/linxGnu/gosmpp go get -u github.com/stretchr/testify/
Other APIs covered in our tutorials that can be used for sending and receiving SMS using Go include: REST
Whatever the language or API, you can send SMS and receive SMS between applications and mobiles for a wide range of uses with a number of our services. Please consider using our Messaging, SMS gateway and Bulk SMS solutions.
If you are interested in testing your application's SMS support and are using the SMPP protocol, then we recommend that you take a look at the Melrose Labs SMSC Simulator service that can simulate SMS message delivery to mobiles (MT SMS) and simulate SMS messages from mobiles (MO SMS). The SMSC Simulator supports SMPP v3.3, v3.4 and v5, and has a high degree of SMPP protocol conformance. Later in 2020 we will be providing access to the Melrose Labs Tyr SMS Gateway for A2P, P2A, bulk, wholesale and business SMS, and for text marketing and other applications. The Melrose Labs Tyr SMS Gateway will support REST and SMPP APIs.